CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 30, 2007

Chisago Triathlon

So Sunday was the big day and I'm happy to say Katie and I survived. We swam 1/4 mile,
biked 20.5 miles and ran a 5K.

If you've never seen a triathlon, here's what the swim looks like. There are waves of about 50 people who start every 3 minutes. We had to swim out and around the yellow buoys. The orange buoys (to the right) were marking the 1/2 Ironman swim. They had to swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles and run a half marathon. Yeah, not doing that anytime soon. Can you see us? I'm the one trying not to drown.




I wasn't ready for the swim (I had only swam
twice this summer before the actual tri) but the bike felt really good. I'm the one in yellow looking fierce.

The run was not fun and I was tired so just picture me tired and not fun. I know, I know it's really hard to do.

And then we crossed the finish line. My time was 2:10 which was 10 minutes faster than my time last year. Katie did a great job and finished in 2:02. The lady who finished next to me puked, so I was happy I didn't try much harder to finish faster. I hate puking. A special thanks to Jasko-Brink photography and support team for cheering us on and taking some pictures.



Here's us eating food after the race. Get that girl in the yellow some tanning lotion! Cripes I need a tan.















Here's us at the lake after the race. It was a great race and I was so happy to share it with one of my best friends, Katie.




0 comments: