So, some people who I will not mention (you know who you are) decided not to make the trip down to Iowa for Beef Days. Greg had made plans with some of his high school friends for Friday night so we still drove down, and it turned out to be a great weekend. Beef Days is in this tiny town, Solon, where on one weekend every summer the entire town gets together to listen to music, have a couple drinks and play bingo. My friend Amanda is originally from Solon, so last year she invited us down for the weekend. Solon never disappoints. We played about 10 games of bingo before we decided we weren't ever going to win. At least all the money went to the Solon Optimists Club, so I feel very positive about that.
Cousin Chad has a new boat so Amanda, Greg and I spent Saturday afternoon waterskiing, tubing and tanning (okay, for me it's closer to gathering freckles). On the way to pick up the boat we ran into the Solon parade, and the only way to get to the boat was to be in the parade for a couple blocks. I'm pretty sure the little kids waving at us were disappointed we didn't have any candy to throw. That's okay, we still took the prize for best boat float.
So now I'm back in Minneapolis and the goal this week is to squeeze in a months worth of working out into 5 days. The triathlon is coming up this weekend and I'm excited and nervous. I just hope I'm not the last one to finish. I'm sure there will be some hipster to finish after me. Do hipsters do triathons? I hope so.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Beefy Weekend
Posted by Tracy at 8:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So, where's the beef?
Post a Comment